Monday, February 1, 2010

ROYAL RUMBLE

I will admit I am a proud fan of Sports Entertainment or what is better know as WWE. I've been an avid watcher since the late 1980s being a Hulk Hogan fan and a tiny Chinese Hulkamanic and going into the 90s being a fan of Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Degeneration-X to the attitude era of Stone Cold Steve Austin, HHH and THE ROCK.

My Top 3:

1. Shawn Michaels - He is my RIC FLAIR of my generation. Perhaps, one of the greatest performers of all time. Forget the ladder match, but watch every Wrestlemania match he has ever been in and trust me you almost always have the best performance coming from HBK. Check out last year's Undertaker vs HBK performance and you would be in awe. Considering UT is now so much older HBK got the best performance from him.

2. The Rock - In any era of Sports Entertainment no one and I say no one was as charismatic, could work the mic and had cross over appeal as THE ROCK. I remember cheering for him before THE ROCK was cool. An episode of Monday Night Raw when he faced Kane in a match and gave him a People's Elbow and Mankind came in to help him for the win was when you could see THE ROCK was getting a push.

3. EDGE - Oh man the Rated R Superstar shocked the world last night and came into the ROYAL RUMBLE at number 29 and get a title shot at WrestleMania. How can you not like Edge, from his debut back a decade ago. This is how superstars are built and made. Years of paying their dues, winning Intercontinental Championships, Tag Championships and having fantastic matches in TLC vs the Hardy Boyz and Dudley Boyz.

Anyhow, last night's Royal Rumble match was short but entertaining. HBK coming utterly close to winning his 3rd RUMBLE and HHH getting elminated early via SuperKick from HBK. John Cena in the Final Four with Batista and we can't forget the shocking return of Edge. Guy has to get back into Ring form but he looked fantastic and for me is a breath of fresh air.

As his entrance theme says.. " On this day, I see clearly.... "

1 comment:

  1. addd piiictures to your blog mr!!!

    btw! did you know I had a crush on matt hardy when i was a kid? The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, all my faves. I stopped watching WWF when they went into the Alliance thing and split up the team in diff days.

    ReplyDelete